One of the saddest parts of growing older at home is the potential for isolation. Research has shown us that loneliness is not only bad for the spirit but also for our health. Having an active, interactive life is of great importance to overall wellbeing.
Spending necessary quality time with our aging loved ones has become more of a dream than a reality. Our busy lifestyles and work demands keeps us from doing the things that matter the most, spending quality time with those we love.
As we age our ability to do the things we once took for granted begins to decline. We may notice that when we visit our loved ones that their house is not kept up the way it used to be, medications may be forgotten assistance may be needed with ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) which may include showering/ bathing, dressing, assistance with transfers etc.
Sometimes having a visit can make all the difference in the world for those living alone or caring for an ailing spouse or for someone needing additional assistance and wanting to stay in their home.
Companionship, homemaking or personal care assistance may be just what your loved one needs to stay home.
Compassionate Caregivers offers a wide range of services while traveling, at home, in the hospital or in healthcare facilities.
A companion can assist in many ways, with their primary role to provide company and friendship. The care is hands off meaning that they cannot assist with hands on care such as dressing, showering, transferring etc but can prepare the bath and lay out the clothes as an example.
Their primary role is to spend Quality time with your loved one in a safe and supervised manner. Some of the services of a Companion are:
- Accompany to social gatherings- thereby increasing SOCIALIZATION
- Transportation- allowing increased mobility to recreational activities and assistance to medical appointments
- Interaction through activities such as shopping, playing cards, board games, etc
- Reminiscing and listening as your loved one shares memories- helping with Cognitive stimulation
- Accompany to church
- Help walk the dogs/ care for the pets
- Offer medication reminders
- Participate with them in home exercise programs making movement more fun and enjoyable
A highly-trained Live in Caregiver “lives” with a client for consecutive 24-48 hour shifts, providing the round-the-clock company and attention of a family member. Our live-in care program is an alternative to living in a retirement center or senior living facility. It provides all the same benefits of a nursing home, while allowing the elderly to live in the comfort of their own home.
The care plan is designed by a registered nurse and the services are performed by companions or personal care assistants. The level of care influences the design of the care program.
Our Live In Caregivers can help with the following:
- Providing Company
- Cleaning the House
- Morning and Nightly Assistance
- Bathing and Personal Hygiene Help
- And More
Think of Homemaking as an addition to Companionship care. If assistance with the home is needed, a homemaker can perform to name a few:
- Assist with cleaning- light housekeeping
- Help or do the laundry
- Prepare and or cook meals
- Help care for the pets such as walking or feeding
- Light gardening
Compassionate Caregivers are here to help you with your travel needs. Maybe you just need someone to assist you with traveling due to a recent illness or injury and you do not want to cancel your cruise or trip. Maybe you and your spouse are planning a 75th wedding anniversary vacation and your spouse needs assistance. There are many situations but do not let them prevent you or your loved one from enjoying the relaxation and enjoyment travel can afford. Let our qualified travel companions assist you in making your vacation as comfortable as possible.
When restrictions of aging, disability or chronic illness make it difficult to remain living independently in your home, a Compassionate Caregivers personal care assistant can assist you or your loved one remain living comfortably in the comfort of home. A Personal care assistant improves the quality of life by providing hands on care and compassionate kindness. Our trusted assistants have the training and continued training to meet your care needs.
Unlike companions, our personal care assistants are trained can help with:
- Good hygiene and assistance with bathing
- The importance of walking and maintaining mobility
- Importance of good posture
- Safe transferring from a wheelchair, walker or from chair to bed
- Bowel and Bladder care such as incontinence and toileting care
- Care of ostomy and catheter care
- Assistance with eating due to physical or emotional challenges
- Providing good oral, gum and denture care
Compassionate Caregivers provide a variety of personal care services to assist with the activities of daily living - giving you the peace of mind and the dignity you deserve as you remain in the comforts of your home.